Role: Computer Systems Analyst (Systems)
Location: Troy, MI
Type: 3 year temporary contract on W2
Description: The selected resource will conduct assessments and reviews on internal systems and third party vendors. S/he will prepare and initiate assessments/audits facilitated by electronic survey’s and questionnaire assessments, interviews and control reviews. S/he will provide support for internal and external assessments, including gathering and discussing evidence, and tracking remediation responses and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Network Access Control (NAC) and other security threat data sources.
● Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats that may pose risk to the customer environment.
● Participate in security incidents and technical analysis during significant security incidents.
● Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment.
● Detect, respond, mitigate, and report on cyber threats/incidents that may impact the environment.
● Collaborate with technical leads: Engineering, Operations, Service Desk, Applications and BISOs on matters related to security monitoring across global footprint.
● Collaborate and serve as liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers.
● Conduct Operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host based forensics as applicable.
● Provide operational support as escalation point in areas of expertise.
● Participate in solution development and implementation in accordance with change management process.
● Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise.
● Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering;
● Seven or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience;
● Experience working with network security practices, networks, software, and hardware;
● Experience working with computer programming preferred;
● Strong communications and presentation skills;
● Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.