Title: Computer Systems Analyst (Network)
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ & Atlanta, GA
Type: 1 year temporary contract on W2
Description: This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of network solutions at an enterprise level. Expertise with network infrastructure technologies such as LAN, WAN, Wireless, Security, VoIP, Video and Data Center. Ideal candidates will have Data Center experience. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of network infrastructure projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced internetworking solutions
– Manage implementation of network infrastructure projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
– Review network design for network security and other risks during course of projects. Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned
– Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers
– Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
– Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to State Fund internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
– Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
– Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with other team on network optimization.
– Secures network and server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
– Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
– Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
– Minimum of 7+ years related network engineering and customer support experience.
– At least 5+ years of Data Center experience.
– Project Management, Problem Solving, Expert LAN and WAN Knowledge, Complex Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management.
– Thorough understanding of networking technologies, including administration of enterprise routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers (OSI layers 4-7)
– Expertise with Palo Alto Network Firewall, Cisco ASA and Checkpoint Firewall.
– Expertise with Cisco ACE, F5 and Citrix Load Balancers.
– Strong OSI layer 2 knowledge and practical experience, including various flavors of STP, ARP, QOS, etc.
– Comprehensive knowledge of OSI layer 3 networks and protocols, including broadcast, multicast, anycast concepts, routing, etc.
– Expertise with various routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
– Understanding of network security methodologies as a whole, including but not limited to: ACLs, Stateful firewalls, VPNs (tunneling, IPsec, PPTP, etc.)
– Fluency with common network admin and intrusion detection tools such as Rancid, OpenNMS, Nagios, Ethereal/Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Netflow, etc.
– Administrative scripting skills (Perl, UNIX shell scripting)
– In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, both Cisco Nexus 1K, 2K, 5K 7K and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
– Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
– In-depth knowledge of MPLS network.
– Experience deploying and maintaining wireless networks
– Experience deploying and maintaining VOIP deployments (network side, not telecom)
– Ability to think and operate as a team player
– Extremely strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Experience managing network service and similar support providers in a client/vendor relationship
– Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative effort
– Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
– Capable of mentor others and lead by example.
– Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop strong working relationships with customer technical personnel.
Qualifications and Certifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
– Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
– CCNP, CCIE Written, CCIE R&S, or CCIE Voice certifications required.