Title: Computer Systems Analyst
Location: Williamsville, NY
Type: 3 year temporary contract on W2
Description: This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of quality solutions at an enterprise level. Expertise with software engineering and QA technologies such as iTKO, Lisa, Selenium, JMeter, HP Quality Center, LoadRunner, SoapUI, SQL. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensure that quality processes are carried out through all phases of the Software Development cycle;
– Work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project;
– Drive collaboration between QA and business/development teams to maximize timely delivery of solutions;
– Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities;
– Accomplish information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
– Validate code changes written in various technologies;
– Verify system usability through comprehensive interface, workflow, and use-case test execution;
– Identify and track defects when test failures occur, narrowing the root cause to enable efficient investigation;
– Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity;
– Participate in analysis and design of test plans;
– Estimate quality assurance effort on approved projects;
– Develop and implement efficient and effective testing strategy, test conditions and test scripts for approved projects;
– Lead estimation exercises for QA phases;
– Participate in release planning and scheduling for QA activities;
– Work with others through coaching and mentoring to ensure tasks are completed on time;
– Work with project team to identify risks if quality assurance process is not followed;
– Own and manage test environments and processes utilizing automation tools such as iTKO, Lisa, Selenium, JMeter, HP Quality Center, LoadRunner, SoapUI, SQL, Word/PowerPoint/Excel.
– Minimum of 10+ years related software engineering and customer support experience;
– At least 8+ years of Quality Analysis experience;
– Project Management, Problem Solving, QA automation
Qualifications and Certifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
– Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level software and qualify processes.