Title: Computer Systems Analyst
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: 3 year temporary contract on W2
Job Description: The selected candidate will be part of a team responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our systems, data and services and assist other security team members with their assigned responsibilities as necessary and appropriate. S/he will execute on planned strategies, policies, and documentation efforts and will be responsible for managing projects and tasks within their areas of responsibility, developing and coordinating work plans and schedules dependent upon available resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems, data, and network.
- Assist in auditing computer systems to ensure they are operating securely, and that data is protected from both internal and external attacks. Will perform security scans using vendor utility tools.
- Design audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely, and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Make recommendations for preventive measures, as necessary.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with required security goals and objectives.
- Provide security expertise, technical leadership, and assistance to Business Analysts, Network Technicians, Systems Architects, and software development teams.
- Document the company’s existing security systems portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in system security, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging security technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility in a holistically secure environment.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Lead investigations of security violations and breaches and recommends solutions; prepares reports on intrusions as necessary and provides analysis summary to management.
- Provide cradle-to-grave lifecycle management of cyber security tool sets consumed by peer functions within the Information Security program. This includes designing, planning, acquisition, inventory, process documentation, deployment, administration, maintenance, configuration change management, monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity estimation, status, and service metrics reporting, decommission and other service assurance activities.
- Provide incident response support as toolset-specific Subject Matter Expert for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches.
- Collaborate with IT management.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
– Minimum of 10+ years related information and cyber security experience;
– Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level cyber security solutions.
Qualifications and Certifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
– Professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP.