Location: Toronto, ON
Type: Regular, Full-time
– And be very strong with Load balancing
… These are the two most important skill sets to have, by far.
The Sr. Network Analyst’s role is to plan, direct and coordinate the installation, operations, maintenance and connectivity of network devices to ensure the stable operation of the organizations IT assets.
Key Activities Include (but are not limited to):
– Thorough knowledge at expert level of LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments
– Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge on VLAN, VPN and MPLS networking
– Thorough knowledge of IT Infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies
– The network lead will schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
– Design and Implement large Data center network projects
– Constantly evaluate and improve the existing BCP/DR technical solutions.
– Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
– This resource will examine current technologies in addition to documentation and processes and work to improve these elements.
– Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
– Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
– Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
– Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including Cisco routers, switches, Juniper Firewalls and F5 Load Balancer’s.
– Define automated procedure for detecting significant event triggers
– Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet-based services and protocols.
– Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
– Operate and maintain Voice infrastructure to include, VoIP, Voice recording, and associated software.
– Build and maintain relationships with vendors and business partners
– Remain current on new network & communication system technologies.
– Identify and process improvements within technology areas and work to implement the process improvement plans
– Build technology, support, and process documents as well as maintain existing documentation
– 24/7 On Call support for all Telecommunications & Network items.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology or equivalent experience
– 7+ years’ hands on experience with broad range of enterprise-class network/telecommunication technology solutions
– Deep skill with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN)
– Good Knowledge in layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols including, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, BGP & MPLS etc.;
– Deep understanding of network protocols, and their applications and characteristic behaviours Ability to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely fashion, including the analysis of trace data and network flows
– Solid experience in supporting F5 Load Balancers and Juniper firewall switches
– Experience of working with application and network layer cryptography and virtualisation
– Good Knowledge in network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewall, etc.
– Competency with Unix/Linux scripting and tools and their application to network engineering, monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting
– Experience of working within an ITIL framework
– Strong understanding of technology behind telecommunication and networks
– Strong internetworking and network integration experience preferred with analytical ability to assess the business and technology
– Possess high level of initiative
– Good Presentation and communication skills
– Self-motivate, good customer services and capable to work under pressure
– Strong negotiations skills